Project

General

Profile

Proposal #394

Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting §5 - point 3

Added by Raymond Johansen about 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Start date:
11/15/2018
Due date:
11/19/2018
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Vote - Etienne Evellin:
vote - Michal Gill:
Vote - Ladislav Koubek:

Description

*PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting §5 - 3 so that a minority of board members cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universal democratic rules. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure

*BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decision was there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close to 7 % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7 members, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018)

Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run Think Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying we will spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to run it again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we should decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who is responsible for what, and last but not least a budget.

:§5 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)"

*REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled we would like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. That means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any more. (Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be able to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform them about their position on agenda items.)

*PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP §5, point 3 shall be deleted so that a minority cannot decide on behalf of the board."

History

#1

Updated by Raymond Johansen about 1 year ago

  • Subject changed from Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting §5 - point 3 to Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting §5 - point 3
  • translation missing: en.field_send_notification changed from Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 13:09:09 +0100 From: redmine@redmine.pp-international.net To: thomas.gaul@pp-international.net, Gregory.Engels@pp-international.net, gregory.engels@pp-international.ne, koen.devoegt@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@pp-international.net, Raymond.johansen@pp-international.net, bailey.lamon@pp-international.net, guillaume.saouli@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@mail.huji.ac.il, ladislav.koubek@pirati.cz, etienne.evellin@pp-international.net, cedric.levieux@pp-international.net Message-ID: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736.d3fabbbe0a8107ba@redmine.pp-international.net> References: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736@redmine.pp-international.net> Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[PPI_Board_-_Proposal_#394]_=28New=29_Change_to_Board?= =?UTF-8?Q?_RoP_#_1_-_Deleting_=C2=A75_-_point_3?= Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--==_mimepart_5bed61e5a042d_75682ad9c86c268c5040"; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Redmine-Project: ppi-board X-Redmine-Issue-Id: 394 X-Redmine-Issue-Author: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Issue-Assignee: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Sender: RayPPNO X-Mailer: Redmine X-Redmine-Host: redmine.pp-international.net X-Redmine-Site: Pirate Parties International - Collaborative tools platform X-Auto-Response-Suppress: All Auto-Submitted: auto-generated List-Id: <redmine.redmine.pp-international.net> ----==_mimepart_5bed61e5a042d_75682ad9c86c268c5040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --Reply above this line (anything below will be cut, please do not delete= this line)-- Issue #394 has been reported by Raymond Johansen. ---------------------------------------- Proposal #394: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting =C2=A75 - point 3 https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394 * Author: Raymond Johansen * Status: New * Priority: Normal * Assignee: Raymond Johansen * Category: = * Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18 * Vote - Etienne Evellin: = * vote - Michal Gill: = * Vote - Ladislav Koubek: = ---------------------------------------- *PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board member= s cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universal d= emocratic rules. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3D= PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure *BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decision w= as there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close to 7 = % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7 mem= bers, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (https://wiki.pp-internatio= nal.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_P= irate_Security_Conference_2018) Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run Thi= nk Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying we wi= ll spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to run i= t again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we shou= ld decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who is re= sponsible for what, and last but not least a budget. :=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, = decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board nee= d to be voting for a decision to be valid.)" *REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled we wo= uld like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. That = means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any more. (= Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be abl= e to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform them = about their position on agenda items.) *PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that a mi= nority cannot decide on behalf of the board." -- = You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to= it, or are involved in it. To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://redmin= e.pp-international.net/my/account ----==_mimepart_5bed61e5a042d_75682ad9c86c268c5040 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8">= <style>a:link{color:#169} a:visited{color:#169} a:hover{color:#c61a1a} a:active{color:#c61a1a}</style> </head> <body style=3D"font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height= :1.4em;color:#222"> <span class=3D"header"><p>--Reply above this line (anything below will be= cut, please do not delete this line)--</p></span> Issue <a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394" style=3D= "color:#169">#394</a> has been reported by Raymond Johansen. <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <h1 style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;margin:0px;f= ont-size:1.3em;line-height:1.4em'><a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-internati= onal.net/issues/394" style=3D"color:#169">Proposal #394: Change to Board = RoP # 1 - Deleting =C2=A75 - point 3</a></h1> <ul> <li>Author: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Status: New</li> <li>Priority: Normal</li> <li>Assignee: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Category: </li> <li>Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18</li> <li>Vote - Etienne Evellin: </li> <li>vote - Michal Gill: </li> <li>Vote - Ladislav Koubek: </li> </ul> <p>*PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board mem= bers cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universa= l democratic rules. <a class=3D"external" href=3D"https://wiki.pp-interna= tional.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure" style=3D"= color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_= Board/Rules_of_Procedure</a></p> <p>*BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decisi= on was there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close t= o 7 % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7= members, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (<a class=3D"external" = href=3D"https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minu= tes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018" style=3D= "color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI= _Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018</a>= )</p> <p>Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run= Think Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying w= e will spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to r= un it again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we = should decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who i= s responsible for what, and last but not least a budget.</p> <p>:=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not m= et, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board= need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)"</p> <p>*REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled w= e would like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. T= hat means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any mor= e. (Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be= able to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform t= hem about their position on agenda items.)</p> <p>*PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that = a minority cannot decide on behalf of the board."</p> <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <span class=3D"footer" style=3D"font-size:0.8em;font-style:italic"><p>You= have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it= , or are involved in it.<br>To change your notification preferences, plea= se click here: <a class=3D"external" href=3D"http://redmine.pp-internatio= nal.net/my/account" style=3D"color:#169">http://redmine.pp-international.= net/my/account</a></p></span> </body> </html> ----==_mimepart_5bed61e5a042d_75682ad9c86c268c5040-- to Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 13:09:10 +0100 From: redmine@redmine.pp-international.net To: thomas.gaul@pp-international.net, Gregory.Engels@pp-international.net, gregory.engels@pp-international.ne, koen.devoegt@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@pp-international.net, Raymond.johansen@pp-international.net, bailey.lamon@pp-international.net, guillaume.saouli@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@mail.huji.ac.il, ladislav.koubek@pirati.cz, etienne.evellin@pp-international.net, cedric.levieux@pp-international.net Message-ID: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736.58adb4116fe4ba38@redmine.pp-international.net> References: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736@redmine.pp-international.net> Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[PPI_Board_-_Proposal_#394]_=28New=29_Proposal_for_board?= =?UTF-8?Q?_meeting:_Change_to_Board_RoP_#_1_-_Deleting_=C2=A75_-_point_3?= Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--==_mimepart_5bed61e6b3497_75682ad9c86c268c505d7"; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Redmine-Project: ppi-board X-Redmine-Issue-Id: 394 X-Redmine-Issue-Author: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Issue-Assignee: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Sender: RayPPNO X-Mailer: Redmine X-Redmine-Host: redmine.pp-international.net X-Redmine-Site: Pirate Parties International - Collaborative tools platform X-Auto-Response-Suppress: All Auto-Submitted: auto-generated List-Id: <redmine.redmine.pp-international.net> ----==_mimepart_5bed61e6b3497_75682ad9c86c268c505d7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --Reply above this line (anything below will be cut, please do not delete= this line)-- Issue #394 has been reported by Raymond Johansen. ---------------------------------------- Proposal #394: Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Dele= ting =C2=A75 - point 3 https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394 * Author: Raymond Johansen * Status: New * Priority: Normal * Assignee: Raymond Johansen * Category: = * Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18 * Vote - Etienne Evellin: = * vote - Michal Gill: = * Vote - Ladislav Koubek: = ---------------------------------------- *PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board member= s cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universal d= emocratic rules. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3D= PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure *BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decision w= as there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close to 7 = % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7 mem= bers, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (https://wiki.pp-internatio= nal.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_P= irate_Security_Conference_2018) Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run Thi= nk Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying we wi= ll spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to run i= t again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we shou= ld decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who is re= sponsible for what, and last but not least a budget. :=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, = decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board nee= d to be voting for a decision to be valid.)" *REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled we wo= uld like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. That = means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any more. (= Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be abl= e to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform them = about their position on agenda items.) *PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that a mi= nority cannot decide on behalf of the board." -- = You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to= it, or are involved in it. To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://redmin= e.pp-international.net/my/account ----==_mimepart_5bed61e6b3497_75682ad9c86c268c505d7 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8">= <style>a:link{color:#169} a:visited{color:#169} a:hover{color:#c61a1a} a:active{color:#c61a1a}</style> </head> <body style=3D"font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height= :1.4em;color:#222"> <span class=3D"header"><p>--Reply above this line (anything below will be= cut, please do not delete this line)--</p></span> Issue <a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394" style=3D= "color:#169">#394</a> has been reported by Raymond Johansen. <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <h1 style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;margin:0px;f= ont-size:1.3em;line-height:1.4em'><a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-internati= onal.net/issues/394" style=3D"color:#169">Proposal #394: Proposal for boa= rd meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting =C2=A75 - point 3</a></h1>= <ul> <li>Author: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Status: New</li> <li>Priority: Normal</li> <li>Assignee: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Category: </li> <li>Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18</li> <li>Vote - Etienne Evellin: </li> <li>vote - Michal Gill: </li> <li>Vote - Ladislav Koubek: </li> </ul> <p>*PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board mem= bers cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universa= l democratic rules. <a class=3D"external" href=3D"https://wiki.pp-interna= tional.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure" style=3D"= color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_= Board/Rules_of_Procedure</a></p> <p>*BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decisi= on was there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close t= o 7 % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7= members, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (<a class=3D"external" = href=3D"https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minu= tes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018" style=3D= "color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI= _Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018</a>= )</p> <p>Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run= Think Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying w= e will spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to r= un it again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we = should decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who i= s responsible for what, and last but not least a budget.</p> <p>:=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not m= et, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board= need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)"</p> <p>*REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled w= e would like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. T= hat means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any mor= e. (Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be= able to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform t= hem about their position on agenda items.)</p> <p>*PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that = a minority cannot decide on behalf of the board."</p> <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <span class=3D"footer" style=3D"font-size:0.8em;font-style:italic"><p>You= have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it= , or are involved in it.<br>To change your notification preferences, plea= se click here: <a class=3D"external" href=3D"http://redmine.pp-internatio= nal.net/my/account" style=3D"color:#169">http://redmine.pp-international.= net/my/account</a></p></span> </body> </html> ----==_mimepart_5bed61e6b3497_75682ad9c86c268c505d7--
#2

Updated by Raymond Johansen about 1 year ago

  • Assignee deleted (Raymond Johansen)
  • translation missing: en.field_send_notification changed from Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:46:57 +0100 From: redmine@redmine.pp-international.net To: thomas.gaul@pp-international.net, Gregory.Engels@pp-international.net, gregory.engels@pp-international.ne, koen.devoegt@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@pp-international.net, Raymond.johansen@pp-international.net, bailey.lamon@pp-international.net, guillaume.saouli@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@mail.huji.ac.il, kittyhundal@protonmail.com, ladislav.koubek@pirati.cz, etienne.evellin@pp-international.net, cedric.levieux@pp-international.net Message-ID: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736.a09888b04ed38f67@redmine.pp-international.net> References: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736@redmine.pp-international.net> Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[PPI_Board_-_Proposal_#394]_=28New=29_Proposal_for_board?= =?UTF-8?Q?_meeting:_Change_to_Board_RoP_#_1_-_Deleting_=C2=A75_-_point_3?= Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--==_mimepart_5bf294a13ae29_4ff92b203b07ccdc100586"; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Redmine-Project: ppi-board X-Redmine-Issue-Id: 394 X-Redmine-Issue-Author: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Issue-Assignee: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Sender: RayPPNO X-Mailer: Redmine X-Redmine-Host: redmine.pp-international.net X-Redmine-Site: Pirate Parties International - Collaborative tools platform X-Auto-Response-Suppress: All Auto-Submitted: auto-generated List-Id: <redmine.redmine.pp-international.net> ----==_mimepart_5bf294a13ae29_4ff92b203b07ccdc100586 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --Reply above this line (anything below will be cut, please do not delete= this line)-- Issue #394 has been reported by Raymond Johansen. ---------------------------------------- Proposal #394: Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Dele= ting =C2=A75 - point 3 https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394 * Author: Raymond Johansen * Status: New * Priority: Normal * Assignee: Raymond Johansen * Category: = * Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18 * Vote - Etienne Evellin: = * vote - Michal Gill: = * Vote - Ladislav Koubek: = ---------------------------------------- *PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board member= s cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universal d= emocratic rules. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3D= PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure *BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decision w= as there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close to 7 = % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7 mem= bers, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (https://wiki.pp-internatio= nal.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_P= irate_Security_Conference_2018) Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run Thi= nk Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying we wi= ll spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to run i= t again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we shou= ld decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who is re= sponsible for what, and last but not least a budget. :=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, = decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board nee= d to be voting for a decision to be valid.)" *REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled we wo= uld like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. That = means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any more. (= Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be abl= e to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform them = about their position on agenda items.) *PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that a mi= nority cannot decide on behalf of the board." -- = You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to= it, or are involved in it. To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://redmin= e.pp-international.net/my/account ----==_mimepart_5bf294a13ae29_4ff92b203b07ccdc100586 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8">= <style>a:link{color:#169} a:visited{color:#169} a:hover{color:#c61a1a} a:active{color:#c61a1a}</style> </head> <body style=3D"font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height= :1.4em;color:#222"> <span class=3D"header"><p>--Reply above this line (anything below will be= cut, please do not delete this line)--</p></span> Issue <a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394" style=3D= "color:#169">#394</a> has been reported by Raymond Johansen. <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <h1 style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;margin:0px;f= ont-size:1.3em;line-height:1.4em'><a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-internati= onal.net/issues/394" style=3D"color:#169">Proposal #394: Proposal for boa= rd meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting =C2=A75 - point 3</a></h1>= <ul> <li>Author: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Status: New</li> <li>Priority: Normal</li> <li>Assignee: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Category: </li> <li>Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18</li> <li>Vote - Etienne Evellin: </li> <li>vote - Michal Gill: </li> <li>Vote - Ladislav Koubek: </li> </ul> <p>*PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board mem= bers cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universa= l democratic rules. <a class=3D"external" href=3D"https://wiki.pp-interna= tional.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure" style=3D"= color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_= Board/Rules_of_Procedure</a></p> <p>*BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decisi= on was there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close t= o 7 % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7= members, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (<a class=3D"external" = href=3D"https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minu= tes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018" style=3D= "color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI= _Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018</a>= )</p> <p>Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run= Think Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying w= e will spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to r= un it again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we = should decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who i= s responsible for what, and last but not least a budget.</p> <p>:=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not m= et, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board= need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)"</p> <p>*REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled w= e would like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. T= hat means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any mor= e. (Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be= able to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform t= hem about their position on agenda items.)</p> <p>*PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that = a minority cannot decide on behalf of the board."</p> <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <span class=3D"footer" style=3D"font-size:0.8em;font-style:italic"><p>You= have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it= , or are involved in it.<br>To change your notification preferences, plea= se click here: <a class=3D"external" href=3D"http://redmine.pp-internatio= nal.net/my/account" style=3D"color:#169">http://redmine.pp-international.= net/my/account</a></p></span> </body> </html> ----==_mimepart_5bf294a13ae29_4ff92b203b07ccdc100586-- to Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:46:57 +0100 From: redmine@redmine.pp-international.net To: thomas.gaul@pp-international.net, Gregory.Engels@pp-international.net, gregory.engels@pp-international.ne, koen.devoegt@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@pp-international.net, Raymond.johansen@pp-international.net, bailey.lamon@pp-international.net, guillaume.saouli@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@mail.huji.ac.il, kittyhundal@protonmail.com, ladislav.koubek@pirati.cz, etienne.evellin@pp-international.net, cedric.levieux@pp-international.net Message-ID: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736.d1c61612f484c738@redmine.pp-international.net> References: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736@redmine.pp-international.net> Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[PPI_Board_-_Proposal_#394]_=28New=29_Proposal_for_board?= =?UTF-8?Q?_meeting:_Change_to_Board_RoP_#_1_-_Deleting_=C2=A75_-_point_3?= Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--==_mimepart_5bf294a1ac8c0_4ff92b203b07ccdc1006bf"; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Redmine-Project: ppi-board X-Redmine-Issue-Id: 394 X-Redmine-Issue-Author: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Sender: RayPPNO X-Mailer: Redmine X-Redmine-Host: redmine.pp-international.net X-Redmine-Site: Pirate Parties International - Collaborative tools platform X-Auto-Response-Suppress: All Auto-Submitted: auto-generated List-Id: <redmine.redmine.pp-international.net> ----==_mimepart_5bf294a1ac8c0_4ff92b203b07ccdc1006bf Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --Reply above this line (anything below will be cut, please do not delete= this line)-- Issue #394 has been reported by Raymond Johansen. ---------------------------------------- Proposal #394: Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Dele= ting =C2=A75 - point 3 https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394 * Author: Raymond Johansen * Status: New * Priority: Normal * Assignee: = * Category: = * Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18 * Vote - Etienne Evellin: = * vote - Michal Gill: = * Vote - Ladislav Koubek: = ---------------------------------------- *PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board member= s cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universal d= emocratic rules. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3D= PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure *BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decision w= as there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close to 7 = % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7 mem= bers, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (https://wiki.pp-internatio= nal.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_P= irate_Security_Conference_2018) Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run Thi= nk Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying we wi= ll spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to run i= t again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we shou= ld decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who is re= sponsible for what, and last but not least a budget. :=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, = decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board nee= d to be voting for a decision to be valid.)" *REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled we wo= uld like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. That = means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any more. (= Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be abl= e to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform them = about their position on agenda items.) *PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that a mi= nority cannot decide on behalf of the board." -- = You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to= it, or are involved in it. To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://redmin= e.pp-international.net/my/account ----==_mimepart_5bf294a1ac8c0_4ff92b203b07ccdc1006bf Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8">= <style>a:link{color:#169} a:visited{color:#169} a:hover{color:#c61a1a} a:active{color:#c61a1a}</style> </head> <body style=3D"font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height= :1.4em;color:#222"> <span class=3D"header"><p>--Reply above this line (anything below will be= cut, please do not delete this line)--</p></span> Issue <a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394" style=3D= "color:#169">#394</a> has been reported by Raymond Johansen. <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <h1 style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;margin:0px;f= ont-size:1.3em;line-height:1.4em'><a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-internati= onal.net/issues/394" style=3D"color:#169">Proposal #394: Proposal for boa= rd meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting =C2=A75 - point 3</a></h1>= <ul> <li>Author: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Status: New</li> <li>Priority: Normal</li> <li>Assignee: </li> <li>Category: </li> <li>Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18</li> <li>Vote - Etienne Evellin: </li> <li>vote - Michal Gill: </li> <li>Vote - Ladislav Koubek: </li> </ul> <p>*PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board mem= bers cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universa= l democratic rules. <a class=3D"external" href=3D"https://wiki.pp-interna= tional.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure" style=3D"= color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_= Board/Rules_of_Procedure</a></p> <p>*BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decisi= on was there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close t= o 7 % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7= members, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (<a class=3D"external" = href=3D"https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minu= tes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018" style=3D= "color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI= _Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018</a>= )</p> <p>Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run= Think Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying w= e will spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to r= un it again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we = should decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who i= s responsible for what, and last but not least a budget.</p> <p>:=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not m= et, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board= need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)"</p> <p>*REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled w= e would like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. T= hat means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any mor= e. (Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be= able to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform t= hem about their position on agenda items.)</p> <p>*PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that = a minority cannot decide on behalf of the board."</p> <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <span class=3D"footer" style=3D"font-size:0.8em;font-style:italic"><p>You= have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it= , or are involved in it.<br>To change your notification preferences, plea= se click here: <a class=3D"external" href=3D"http://redmine.pp-internatio= nal.net/my/account" style=3D"color:#169">http://redmine.pp-international.= net/my/account</a></p></span> </body> </html> ----==_mimepart_5bf294a1ac8c0_4ff92b203b07ccdc1006bf--
#3

Updated by Raymond Johansen about 1 year ago

  • Assignee set to Raymond Johansen
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • translation missing: en.field_send_notification changed from Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:39:34 +0100 From: redmine@redmine.pp-international.net To: thomas.gaul@pp-international.net, Gregory.Engels@pp-international.net, gregory.engels@pp-international.ne, koen.devoegt@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@pp-international.net, Raymond.johansen@pp-international.net, bailey.lamon@pp-international.net, guillaume.saouli@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@mail.huji.ac.il, kittyhundal@protonmail.com, ladislav.koubek@pirati.cz, etienne.evellin@pp-international.net, cedric.levieux@pp-international.net Message-ID: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736.60482805b82f0d55@redmine.pp-international.net> References: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736@redmine.pp-international.net> Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[PPI_Board_-_Proposal_#394]_=28New=29_Proposal_for_board?= =?UTF-8?Q?_meeting:_Change_to_Board_RoP_#_1_-_Deleting_=C2=A75_-_point_3?= Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--==_mimepart_5c0434f69c9a9_4fdb2ae0b7b0165891393"; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Redmine-Project: ppi-board X-Redmine-Issue-Id: 394 X-Redmine-Issue-Author: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Sender: RayPPNO X-Mailer: Redmine X-Redmine-Host: redmine.pp-international.net X-Redmine-Site: Pirate Parties International - Collaborative tools platform X-Auto-Response-Suppress: All Auto-Submitted: auto-generated List-Id: <redmine.redmine.pp-international.net> ----==_mimepart_5c0434f69c9a9_4fdb2ae0b7b0165891393 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --Reply above this line (anything below will be cut, please do not delete= this line)-- Issue #394 has been reported by Raymond Johansen. ---------------------------------------- Proposal #394: Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Dele= ting =C2=A75 - point 3 https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394 * Author: Raymond Johansen * Status: New * Priority: Normal * Assignee: = * Category: = * Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18 * Vote - Etienne Evellin: = * vote - Michal Gill: = * Vote - Ladislav Koubek: = ---------------------------------------- *PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board member= s cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universal d= emocratic rules. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3D= PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure *BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decision w= as there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close to 7 = % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7 mem= bers, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (https://wiki.pp-internatio= nal.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_P= irate_Security_Conference_2018) Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run Thi= nk Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying we wi= ll spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to run i= t again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we shou= ld decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who is re= sponsible for what, and last but not least a budget. :=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, = decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board nee= d to be voting for a decision to be valid.)" *REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled we wo= uld like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. That = means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any more. (= Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be abl= e to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform them = about their position on agenda items.) *PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that a mi= nority cannot decide on behalf of the board." -- = You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to= it, or are involved in it. To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://redmin= e.pp-international.net/my/account ----==_mimepart_5c0434f69c9a9_4fdb2ae0b7b0165891393 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8">= <style>a:link{color:#169} a:visited{color:#169} a:hover{color:#c61a1a} a:active{color:#c61a1a}</style> </head> <body style=3D"font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height= :1.4em;color:#222"> <span class=3D"header"><p>--Reply above this line (anything below will be= cut, please do not delete this line)--</p></span> Issue <a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394" style=3D= "color:#169">#394</a> has been reported by Raymond Johansen. <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <h1 style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;margin:0px;f= ont-size:1.3em;line-height:1.4em'><a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-internati= onal.net/issues/394" style=3D"color:#169">Proposal #394: Proposal for boa= rd meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting =C2=A75 - point 3</a></h1>= <ul> <li>Author: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Status: New</li> <li>Priority: Normal</li> <li>Assignee: </li> <li>Category: </li> <li>Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18</li> <li>Vote - Etienne Evellin: </li> <li>vote - Michal Gill: </li> <li>Vote - Ladislav Koubek: </li> </ul> <p>*PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board mem= bers cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universa= l democratic rules. <a class=3D"external" href=3D"https://wiki.pp-interna= tional.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure" style=3D"= color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_= Board/Rules_of_Procedure</a></p> <p>*BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decisi= on was there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close t= o 7 % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7= members, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (<a class=3D"external" = href=3D"https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minu= tes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018" style=3D= "color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI= _Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018</a>= )</p> <p>Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run= Think Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying w= e will spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to r= un it again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we = should decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who i= s responsible for what, and last but not least a budget.</p> <p>:=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not m= et, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board= need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)"</p> <p>*REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled w= e would like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. T= hat means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any mor= e. (Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be= able to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform t= hem about their position on agenda items.)</p> <p>*PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that = a minority cannot decide on behalf of the board."</p> <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <span class=3D"footer" style=3D"font-size:0.8em;font-style:italic"><p>You= have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it= , or are involved in it.<br>To change your notification preferences, plea= se click here: <a class=3D"external" href=3D"http://redmine.pp-internatio= nal.net/my/account" style=3D"color:#169">http://redmine.pp-international.= net/my/account</a></p></span> </body> </html> ----==_mimepart_5c0434f69c9a9_4fdb2ae0b7b0165891393-- to Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:39:35 +0100 From: redmine@redmine.pp-international.net To: thomas.gaul@pp-international.net, Gregory.Engels@pp-international.net, gregory.engels@pp-international.ne, koen.devoegt@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@pp-international.net, Raymond.johansen@pp-international.net, bailey.lamon@pp-international.net, guillaume.saouli@pp-international.net, keith.goldstein@mail.huji.ac.il, kittyhundal@protonmail.com, ladislav.koubek@pirati.cz, etienne.evellin@pp-international.net, cedric.levieux@pp-international.net Message-ID: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736.bb7e4ee940fe9b25@redmine.pp-international.net> References: <redmine.issue-394.20181115120736@redmine.pp-international.net> Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?[PPI_Board_-_Proposal_#394]_=28New=29_Proposal_for_board?= =?UTF-8?Q?_meeting:_Change_to_Board_RoP_#_1_-_Deleting_=C2=A75_-_point_3?= Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--==_mimepart_5c0434f7487bb_4fdb2ae0b7b01658914f0"; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Redmine-Project: ppi-board X-Redmine-Issue-Id: 394 X-Redmine-Issue-Author: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Issue-Assignee: RayPPNO X-Redmine-Sender: RayPPNO X-Mailer: Redmine X-Redmine-Host: redmine.pp-international.net X-Redmine-Site: Pirate Parties International - Collaborative tools platform X-Auto-Response-Suppress: All Auto-Submitted: auto-generated List-Id: <redmine.redmine.pp-international.net> ----==_mimepart_5c0434f7487bb_4fdb2ae0b7b01658914f0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --Reply above this line (anything below will be cut, please do not delete= this line)-- Issue #394 has been reported by Raymond Johansen. ---------------------------------------- Proposal #394: Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Dele= ting =C2=A75 - point 3 https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394 * Author: Raymond Johansen * Status: New * Priority: Normal * Assignee: Raymond Johansen * Category: = * Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18 * Vote - Etienne Evellin: = * vote - Michal Gill: = * Vote - Ladislav Koubek: = ---------------------------------------- *PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board member= s cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universal d= emocratic rules. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3D= PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure *BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decision w= as there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close to 7 = % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7 mem= bers, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (https://wiki.pp-internatio= nal.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_P= irate_Security_Conference_2018) Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run Thi= nk Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying we wi= ll spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to run i= t again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we shou= ld decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who is re= sponsible for what, and last but not least a budget. :=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, = decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board nee= d to be voting for a decision to be valid.)" *REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled we wo= uld like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. That = means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any more. (= Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be abl= e to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform them = about their position on agenda items.) *PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that a mi= nority cannot decide on behalf of the board." -- = You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to= it, or are involved in it. To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://redmin= e.pp-international.net/my/account ----==_mimepart_5c0434f7487bb_4fdb2ae0b7b01658914f0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8">= <style>a:link{color:#169} a:visited{color:#169} a:hover{color:#c61a1a} a:active{color:#c61a1a}</style> </head> <body style=3D"font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height= :1.4em;color:#222"> <span class=3D"header"><p>--Reply above this line (anything below will be= cut, please do not delete this line)--</p></span> Issue <a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/394" style=3D= "color:#169">#394</a> has been reported by Raymond Johansen. <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <h1 style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;margin:0px;f= ont-size:1.3em;line-height:1.4em'><a href=3D"https://redmine.pp-internati= onal.net/issues/394" style=3D"color:#169">Proposal #394: Proposal for boa= rd meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting =C2=A75 - point 3</a></h1>= <ul> <li>Author: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Status: New</li> <li>Priority: Normal</li> <li>Assignee: Raymond Johansen</li> <li>Category: </li> <li>Target version: Board Meeting - 19.11.18</li> <li>Vote - Etienne Evellin: </li> <li>vote - Michal Gill: </li> <li>Vote - Ladislav Koubek: </li> </ul> <p>*PROPOSED ACTION: Deleting =C2=A75 - 3 so that a minority of board mem= bers cannot decide on behalf of the majority and thus preserving universa= l democratic rules. <a class=3D"external" href=3D"https://wiki.pp-interna= tional.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure" style=3D"= color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_= Board/Rules_of_Procedure</a></p> <p>*BACKGROUND: On December 28th 2017 a board meeting was held. A decisi= on was there made that affects all of us, in addition to spending close t= o 7 % of our total budget. It was, with a minority decicion of 3 out of 7= members, decided that we spend 400 euros on PSC. (<a class=3D"external" = href=3D"https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI_Minu= tes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018" style=3D= "color:#169">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=3DPPI= _Minutes_2017_12_28#5_-_Patronage_for_Pirate_Security_Conference_2018</a>= )</p> <p>Additionally, as an example, I cannot find anywhere a decision to run= Think Twice another year. I know that we have accepted a budget saying w= e will spend 400 euros on it, but I see nowhere that we have decided to r= un it again. I cannot find a report from the previous Think Twice. If we = should decide to run it again, I would like to see a plan including who i= s responsible for what, and last but not least a budget.</p> <p>:=C2=A75 - 3 states: "If a quorum of 4 present board members is not m= et, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board= need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)"</p> <p>*REASONING: We now have 4 alternate board members and have signaled w= e would like them to be present even if they do not have voting rights. T= hat means that the rule that lets a minority decide is not needed any mor= e. (Sidenote: I suggest that any board member that knows they will not be= able to attend pick an alternate board member as proxy and then inform t= hem about their position on agenda items.)</p> <p>*PROPOSED TEXT: "PPI's RoP =C2=A75, point 3 shall be deleted so that = a minority cannot decide on behalf of the board."</p> <hr style=3D"width:100%;height:1px;background:#ccc;border:0;margin:1.2em = 0"> <span class=3D"footer" style=3D"font-size:0.8em;font-style:italic"><p>You= have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it= , or are involved in it.<br>To change your notification preferences, plea= se click here: <a class=3D"external" href=3D"http://redmine.pp-internatio= nal.net/my/account" style=3D"color:#169">http://redmine.pp-international.= net/my/account</a></p></span> </body> </html> ----==_mimepart_5c0434f7487bb_4fdb2ae0b7b01658914f0--

Also available in: Atom PDF